- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Highland (Electoral Arrangements) Order 2006 and shall come into force on 16th October 2006.
(2) This Order shall apply only for the purposes of elections to be held after the date on which section 1 of the Local Governance (Scotland) Act 2004(1) comes into force.
2. In this Order–
(a)a reference to an electoral ward is a reference to that electoral ward as constituted in this Order; and
(b)“the deposited data” means the data recorded on the DVD-ROM–
(i)entitled “Highland (Electoral Arrangements) 2006”; and
(ii)deposited with the Scottish Ministers at their offices at Victoria Quay, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ.
3.—(1) The area of Highland Council shall be divided into 22 electoral wards.
(2) The number and name of an electoral ward is as specified in columns 1 and 2 respectively of the Schedule to this Order.
(3) The number of councillors to be returned for an electoral ward is as specified in the entry in column 3 of the Schedule to this Order corresponding to that electoral ward.
(4) The boundaries of the electoral wards are as described by the deposited data.
A member of the Scottish Executive
St Andrew’s House,
27th September 2006
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: