- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 (Consequential Modifications and Savings) Order 2006 and shall come into force on 1st October 2006 or, if this Order has not been made by 30th September 2006, on the day after the day on which it is made.
2. (1) The enactments referred to in Schedule 1 are amended in accordance with that Schedule.
(2) Subject to articles 3 and 4, the enactments specified in column 1 of the table in Schedule 2 are repealed to the extent specified in the corresponding entry in column 2 of that table.
3. Notwithstanding the repeal by this Order of section 10 of the Fire Precautions Act 1971(1), a prohibition notice served under subsection (2) of that section shall–
(a)remain in effect, and
(b)be deemed to be, and treated as if it were, a prohibition notice (as defined in subsection (4) of section 63 of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005) served under that section.
4. Notwithstanding the repeal by this Order of section 12 of the Fire Precautions Act 1971, the Fire Precautions (Sub-surface Railway Stations) Regulations 1989(2)shall remain in force and shall have effect as if made under section 58 of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005.
Authorised to sign by the Scottish Ministers
St Andrew’s House,
28th September 2006
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: