- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) Sections 14 and 19 of the 2005 Act shall come into force on 20th June 2006 but, subject to paragraph (2), only for the purposes of sentences imposed for offences committed on or after 20 June 2006.
(2) In respect of sentences imposed for offences for which life imprisonment was the maximum sentence which could be imposed at the time the offence was committed, the provisions of sections 14 and 19 of the 2005 Act shall come into force only for the purposes of sentences imposed in cases which are commenced on or after 20th June 2006.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2) above, cases are taken to have commenced when a report of the case has been received by the procurator fiscal.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), sections 15(4), 15(5), 15(6), 15(8), 15(9), 15(10) (insofar as not already commenced), 15(11), 15(12) and 15(13) of the 2005 Act shall come into force on 3rd July 2006.
(5) The provisions of the 2005 Act specified in paragraph (4) shall come into force only in respect of prisoners to whom section 3AA(1)(a) of the Prisoners and Criminal Proceedings (Scotland) Act 1993 applies(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: