- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) The following provisions of the Act shall apply as if these Regulations were an Order made under the Act–
(a)section 60 (duties and authorities of constables);
(b)section 66 (refusal and obstruction);
(c)section 67 (issue of false licences etc.);
(d)section 68 (issue of licences etc. in blank);
(e)section 70 (alteration of licences etc.);
(f)section 71 (other offences as to licences);
(g)section 73 (general offences);
(h)section 77 (money recoverable summarily); and
(i)section 79(1) to (4) (evidence and procedure).
(2) Section 69 of the Act (falsely obtaining licences etc.) shall apply as if licences granted under these Regulations were granted under the Act.
(3) Where a body corporate is guilty of an offence under these Regulations and that offence is proved to have been committed with the consent or connivance of, or to have been attributable to any neglect on the part of–
(a)any director, manager, secretary or other similar person of the body corporate, or
(b)any person who was purporting to act in any such capacity,
that director, manager, secretary or other officer, as well as the body corporate, is guilty of the offence and liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (3), “director” in relation to a body corporate managed by its members, means a member of the body corporate and “body corporate” includes a partnership in Scotland, and, in relation to such a partnership, a reference to a director or other officer of a body corporate is a reference to a partner.
(5) The local authority shall enforce these Regulations unless directed otherwise by the Scottish Ministers pursuant to paragraph (6).
(6) The Scottish Ministers may direct, in relation to cases of a particular description or a particular case, that any duty imposed on a local authority under paragraph (5) shall be discharged by the Scottish Ministers and not by the local authority.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: