- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) This Act of Adjournal may be cited as the Act of Adjournal (Criminal Procedure Rules Amendment No. 2) (Miscellaneous) 2005 and shall come into force on 31st March 2005.
(2) This Act of Adjournal shall be inserted in the Books of Adjournal.
2.—(1) The Act of Adjournal (Criminal Procedure Rules) 1996(1) shall be amended in accordance with the following sub-paragraphs.
(2) In rule 2.6 (forms of execution of service)(2)—
(a)at the end of paragraph (5)(e) “and” shall be omitted; and
(b)after paragraph (5)(f) there shall be inserted the following:–
(g)rule 20.12C(2) or (3) (community reparation orders: forms of citation of offender) shall be in Form 2.6–EG”.
(3) After rule 16.4 (further procedural forms) there shall be inserted the following:–
16.4A.—(1) Where the prosecutor makes an incidental application in Form 16.4–A when the office of the prosecutor is closed, the application shall not require to be signed by the prosecutor but shall state the name of the prosecutor.
(2) The oath of a police officer shall be sufficient to authenticate the application as being an application by the prosecutor named on the application.”.
(4) After rule 20.12B (drug treatment and testing orders)(3) there shall be inserted the following:–
20.12C.—(1) A community reparation order under section 245K(1)(4) of the Act of 1995 shall be in Form 20.12C–A.
(2) The citation of an offender to appear before a court under section 245N(2) of the Act of 1995 (failure to comply with a community reparation order) shall be in Form 20.12C–B.
(3) The citation of an offender to appear before a court under section 245P(3) of the Act of 1995 (extension, variation and revocation of a community reparation order) shall be in Form 20.12C–C.”.
(5) In rule 20.17 (use of certified copy documents in certain proceedings)—
(a)at the end of paragraph (1)(c) “or” shall be omitted; and
(b)at the end of paragraph (1)(d) there shall be inserted the following:–
(e)a community reparation order,”.
(6) In the appendix—
(a)after Form 2.6–EF there shall be inserted the form set out in Part 1 of the Schedule to this Act of Adjournal;
(b)after Form 20.12B–C there shall be inserted the forms set out in Part 2 of the Schedule to this Act of Adjournal.
Cullen of Whitekirk
Lord Justice General I.P.D.
18th March 2005
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: