- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) For the purpose of the prohibition set out in paragraph 2 of Annex III to the Council Regulation, the harbours in Scotland at which a fishing boat may land catches of fish containing unsorted herring are, subject to paragraph (5), those harbours mentioned in paragraph (2).
(2) The harbours referred to in paragraph (1) are Aberdeen and Lerwick.
(3) The master of a fishing boat with a catch of fish containing unsorted herring may, before landing, apply to a British sea fishery officer at any harbour in Scotland, other than a harbour mentioned in paragraph (2), for a decision as to the suitability of the harbour for landing of the catch.
(4) On receipt of an application under paragraph (3), the British sea-fishery officer shall decide whether the sampling systems at the harbour are adequate for the purposes of monitoring effectively the landing of the catch having regard to the overall size and characteristics of the catch and shall notify the decision of that officer to the master.
(5) Where a British sea-fishery officer notifies the master in accordance with paragraph (4) that the systems at a harbour are adequate for the purposes mentioned in that paragraph, the harbours in Scotland at which the catch may be landed shall include that harbour in addition to those mentioned in paragraph (2).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: