- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
27.—(1) This paragraph applies where most or all of the providers (by any arrangement) of essential services (or their equivalent) whose practice premises are within the area of a Health Board have closed their lists of patients.
(2) If the Health Board wishes to assign new patients to providers which have closed their lists of patients, it must prepare a proposal to be considered by the assessment panel, and the proposal must include details of those providers to which the Health Board wishes to assign patients.
(3) The Health Board must ensure that the assessment panel is appointed to consider and determine its proposal made under sub paragraph (2).
(4) The Health Board shall notify in writing–
(a)providers or general medical services contractors whose practice premises are within the Health Board’s area which–
(i)have closed their list of patients; and
(ii)may, in the opinion of the Health Board, be affected by the determination of the assessment panel; and
(b)the area medical committee, for the area of the Health Board,
that it has referred the matter to the assessment panel.
(5) In reaching its determination, the assessment panel shall have regard to relevant factors including–
(a)whether the Health Board has attempted to secure the provision of essential services (or their equivalent) for new patients other than by means of their assignment to providers with closed lists of patients; and
(b)the workload of those providers likely to be affected by any decision to assign such patients to their list of patients.
(6) The assessment panel shall reach a determination within the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the panel was appointed.
(7) The assessment panel shall determine whether the Health Board may assign patients to providers which have closed their lists of patients; and if it determines that the Health Board may make such assignments, it shall also determine those providers to which patients may be assigned.
(8) The assessment panel may determine that the Health Board may assign patients to providers other than those providers specified by the Health Board in its proposal under sub paragraph (2), as long as the providers were notified under sub paragraph (4)(a).
(9) The assessment panel’s determination shall include its comments on the matters specified in sub paragraph (5), and shall be notified in writing to those providers which were notified under sub paragraph (4)(a).
(10) Any decision or determination by the assessment panel for the purposes of this paragraph may be reached by a majority .
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: