Appeals – procedural matters
17.—(1) An appeal under these Regulations may be made, either orally or in writing, to the responsible authority.
(2) In the event that an appeal under these Regulations is made orally, the responsible authority shall immediately record in writing the making of such appeal, together with the details thereof (“the written record”).
(3) A copy of the written record shall immediately be sent to the appellant, who shall have the opportunity to comment on it.
(4) The responsible authority shall have regard to any comments made by the appellant under paragraph (3), and shall amend the written record as necessary, to take account of the appellant’s comments.
(5) The written record, as amended in terms of paragraph (4), shall represent the appeal under these Regulations.
(6) An appeal under these Regulations may be withdrawn by the appellant at any stage, upon giving written notice to that effect to the responsible authority.