- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Food Protection (Emergency Prohibitions) (Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning) (West Coast) (No. 5) (Scotland) Order 2003 and shall come into force at 1600 hours on 6th August 2003.
(2) In this Order–
(a)“scallops” means scallops of the class of Pecten maximus; and
(b)“relevant time” means 0001 hours on 6th August 2003.
2. In the opinion of the Scottish Ministers, scallops in the areas designated in article 3 below may be affected by the toxin which causes amnesic shellfish poisoning in human beings and are likely to create a hazard to human health if they are consumed.
3. The areas described in the Schedule to this Order are hereby designated for the purposes of Part I of the Food and Environment Protection Act 1985.
4. No person shall fish for or take any scallops in the designated areas.
5. No person shall move any scallops out of the designated areas.
6. No person shall–
(a)use any scallops taken out of the designated areas after the relevant time in the preparation or processing for supply of food and anything from which food could be derived;
(b)land any scallops which were in waters in the designated areas after the relevant time;
(c)supply, or have in possession for supply, any scallops which were in the designated areas after the relevant time;
(d)supply, or have in possession for supply, any food or anything from which food could be derived in the preparation or processing of which anything was used in contravention of paragraph (a) of this article; or
(e)feed to any creature a feeding stuff in the preparation or processing of which anything was used in contravention of paragraph (a) of this article.
A member of the Scottish Executive
St Andrew’s House, Edinburgh
6th August 2003
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: