- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
27. (1) This regulation applies to all zoos in respect of which a licence is in force under the Act on 1st April 2003, except zoos which close permanently to the public before 1st September 2003.
(2) The local authority shall before 1st September 2003 secure that each licence granted by them under the Act contains such conditions as the authority think necessary or desirable to secure that the conservation measures referred to in section 1A of the Act are implemented at the zoo, and may alter the licence for that purpose.
(3) Section 16(2) to (6) of the Act applies to the alteration of a licence under paragraph (2) as if the references in section 16(2) and (6) to “subsection (1)” were references to that paragraph.
(4) Section 18(1)(b) and (c), (2), (4), (6) and (7) of the Act applies to the alteration of a licence under paragraph (2).
(5) In deciding what conditions to attach to a licence under paragraph (2) an authority shall have regard to any standards specified by the Scottish Ministers under section 9 of the Act.
(6) An alteration of a licence under paragraph (2) shall not be treated as a significant alteration for the purposes of section 16 of the Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: