- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) Subject to paragraph (4) where the primary contractor notified under regulation 8(c) has not started the qualifying repair by the last day of the maximum period, the tenant may instruct another listed contractor to carry out the qualifying repair.
(2) As soon as the other listed contractor receives the instruction from the tenant, that contractor shall inform the landlord that it has been so instructed and shall be entitled on request to obtain a copy of the works order from the landlord.
(3) The landlord on being informed under paragraph (2) shall let the contractor know the number of working days in the maximum period.
(4) Paragraph (1) does not apply if compliance with that paragraph would infringe the term of a guarantee for work done or materials supplied of which the landlord has the benefit.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: