- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
25. (1) In carrying out such of its functions under Part VI A of the Act as comprise the supply of water for regulation 4(1) purposes, a water authority shall not, subject to paragraph (2), supply water from any source which consists of or includes raw water unless the water has been disinfected and, in the case of surface water, subjected to at least such further treatment as is specified in paragraph (3).
(2) This paragraph shall not require a water authority to disinfect such ground waters as are specified in an authorisation given by the Scottish Ministers for the purposes of this paragraph.
(3) The further treatment mentioned in paragraph (1) is such treatment as is required to secure compliance with Council Directive 75/440/EC (quality required of surface water intended for the abstraction of drinking water)(1); and for the purposes of this regulation, surface water shall be treated as falling within category A1 or A2 or A3 set out in Annex I to that Directive if it is abstracted from waters for which the classification to be currently satisfied in accordance with section 30B of the Control of Pollution Act 1974(2) is, as appropriate, DW1 or DW2 or DW3, as set out in the Surface Waters (Abstraction for Drinking Water) (Classification) (Scotland) Regulations 1996(3).
(4) Except with the consent of the Scottish Ministers, water shall not be abstracted for supply for domestic purposes which include drinking except for waters to be treated as falling within category A1 or A2 or A3 in the Annex to Directive 75/440/EC.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: