- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) This Act of Sederunt may be cited as the Act of Sederunt (Ordinary Cause Rules) Amendment (European Matrimonial and Parental Responsibility Jurisdiction and Judgments) 2001 and shall come into force on 2nd April 2001.
(2) This Act of Sederunt shall be inserted in the Books of Sederunt.
2.—(1) The Ordinary Cause Rules in Schedule 1 to the Sheriff Courts (Scotland) Act 1907(1) shall be amended in accordance with the following paragraphs.
(2) In rule 33.2 (averments in actions of divorce or separation about other proceedings) in paragraph (2)(b)(v), after “Domicile and Matrimonial Proceedings Act 1973” insert “or Council Regulation (EC) No. 1347/2000 of 29th May 2000 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and in matters of parental responsibility for children of both spouses”(2).
(3) After rule 33.27 (affidavits), insert the following rule:–
33.27A.—(1) The sheriff shall, on the request of any interested party, issue a certificate in Form F42 or Form F43, pursuant to Article 32 of Council Regulation (EC) No. 1347/2000 of 29th May 2000 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and in matters of parental responsibility for children of both spouses.
(2) Any request under paragraph (1) shall be made by the interested party by letter addressed to the sheriff clerk of the court where the decree to which the request relates was granted, and shall be accompanied by any execution of service or intimation of the judgment to the defender.”.
(4) After Form F41 in the Schedule, insert the forms as set out in the Schedule to this Act of Sederunt.
Rodger of Earlsferry
Lord President, I.P.D.
30th March 2001
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: