- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (5) and (6), SEPA shall make available for public inspection, without charge, and at all reasonable hours, a copy of every inventory and revised inventory which it has compiled.
(2) The copy may be kept in any form but shall be indexed and arranged so that members of the public can readily trace information recorded in it.
(3) Subject to paragraphs (5) and (7), SEPA shall keep a register specifying the quantity, origin, nature and PCB content of used PCBs in respect of which copies of consignment notes specifying that information are furnished to it under regulations 5(4), 8(7) or 9(3) of the Special Waste Regulations 1996(1) by a person in the course of a business concerned with the disposal of PCBs.
(4) The register may be kept in any form and may, in particular, comprise copies, or extracts of copies, of consignment notes; but it shall be–
(a)indexed and arranged so that members of the public can readily trace information recorded in it; and
(b)made available for public inspection, without charge, at all reasonable hours.
(5) Nothing in paragraphs (1) or (3) shall require SEPA to make available information which–
(a)is capable of being, or must be, treated as confidential for the purposes of regulation 4 of the Environmental Information Regulations 1992(2); or
(b)would be capable of being, or would have to be, treated as confidential for those purposes if it were information to which those Regulations applied.
(6) Nothing in paragraph (1) shall require SEPA to retain an inventory or revised inventory, as the case may be, which has been superseded by a revised inventory once 4 years have elapsed from the date on which the revised inventory or the most recent revised inventory, as the case may be, was compiled.
(7) The register mentioned in paragraphs (3) and (4) shall be kept until the first date after 31st December 2010 on which there is no entry therein.
(8) Until the date on which the register need no longer be kept in terms of paragraph (7), paragraphs (4), (5) and (6) of regulation 9 shall apply to a register of the number of persons in the course of a business concerned with the disposal of PCBs and the matters specified at paragraph (3) as they apply to an inventory of contaminated equipment compiled under regulation 9(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: