- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Advice and Assistance (Financial Conditions) (Scotland) Regulations 2000 and shall come into force on 10th April 2000.
(2) In these Regulations, “the Act” means the Legal Aid (Scotland) Act 1986.
2. These Regulations shall apply only in relation to any case where an application for advice and assistance is made on or after 10th April 2000.
3. For the weekly sum of £178 specified in section 8(a) of the Act(1), there shall be substituted the weekly sum of £180.
4. For the weekly sum of £75 specified in section 11(2)(a) of the Act(2), there shall be substituted the weekly sum of £76.
5. The maximum amount of fees or outlays which a client shall be liable to pay under section 11(2) of the Act(3), where his disposable income falls within a range specified in the first column of the following table, shall be the amount specified in relation to that range in the second column:–
|Disposable income range||Maximum contribution|
1. Exceeding £76 but not exceeding £83 a week
2. Exceeding £83 but not exceeding £90 a week
3. Exceeding £90 but not exceeding £97 a week
4. Exceeding £97 but not exceeding £104 a week
5. Exceeding £104 but not exceeding £111 a week
6. Exceeding £111 but not exceeding £118 a week
7. Exceeding £118 but not exceeding £125 a week
8. Exceeding £125 but not exceeding £132 a week
9. Exceeding £132 but not exceeding £139 a week
10. Exceeding £139 but not exceeding £146 a week
11. Exceeding £146 but not exceeding £153 a week
12. Exceeding £153 but not exceeding £160 a week
13. Exceeding £160 but not exceeding £167 a week
14. Exceeding £167 but not exceeding £174 a week
15. Exceeding £174 but not exceeding £180 a week
6. The Advice and Assistance (Financial Conditions) (Scotland) Regulations 1999(4) are hereby revoked except in relation to any case where an application for advice and assistance is made before 10th April 2000.
A member of the Scottish Executive
St Andrew’s House,
7th April 2000
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: