- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
28.—(1) A notice or other document required or authorised to be served for the purposes of this Order may be served by post.
(2) Where the person on whom a notice or other document to be served for the purposes of this Order is a body corporate, the notice or document is duly served if it is served on the secretary or clerk of that body.
(3) For the purposes of section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978(1) as it applies for the purposes of this article, the proper address of any person in relation to the service on him of a notice or document under paragraph (1) above is, if he has given an address for service, that address, and otherwise–
(a)in the case of the secretary or clerk of a body corporate, the registered or principal office of that body; and
(b)in any other case, his last known address at the time of service.
(4) Where for the purposes of this Order a notice or other document is required or authorised to be served on a person as having any interest in, or as the occupier of, land and his name or address cannot be ascertained after reasonable enquiry, the notice may be served by–
(a)addressing it to him by name or by the description of “owner”, or as the case may be “occupier”, of the land (describing it); and
(b)either leaving it in the hands of a person who is or appears to be resident or employed on the land or leaving it conspicuously affixed to some building or object on or near the land.
(5) This article shall not be taken to exclude the employment of any method of service not expressly provided for by it.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: