- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
16.—(1) Scottish Natural Heritage may provide, place, lay down, maintain, renew, use or remove such moorings, buoys and similar apparatus within the harbour as they consider necessary or desirable for the convenience of vessels.
(2) Scottish Natural Heritage may from time to time grant a licence to any person to place, lay down, maintain, renew and use moorings, buoys and similar apparatus for vessels in the harbour.
(3) Any person who, without reasonable excuse, shall place, lay down, maintain, renew or use a mooring, buoy or similar apparatus for vessels within the harbour except under and in accordance with the terms and conditions of a licence granted under this article shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.
(4) Any licence granted under paragraph (2) above shall be valid only for a period of three years commencing with the date on which it takes effect.
(5) Scottish Natural Heritage may charge a reasonable fee for the grant of a licence under this article.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: