- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
This Scottish Statutory Instrument has been made in consequence of a defect in S.S.I. 1999/100 and is being issued free of charge to all known recipients of that Scottish Statutory Instrument
Scottish Statutory Instruments
NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE
7th October 1999
Coming into force
8th October 1999
The Scottish Ministers, in exercise of the powers conferred on them by section 12A(1) and (4) of, and paragraphs 1 and 3(1)(b) and (c) of Schedule 7A to, the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978(1) and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf, hereby make the following Order:
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Ayrshire and Arran Acute Hospitals National Health Service Trust (Establishment) Amendment (No. 2) Order 1999 and shall come into force on 8th October 1999.
(2) In this Order “the principal Order” means the Ayrshire and Arran Acute Hospitals National Health Service Trust (Establishment) Order 1998(2).
2.—(1) For article 3 of the principal Order there is substituted–
3.—(1) The trust is established for the purpose specified in section 12A(1) of the Act.
(2) The trust’s functions shall be to provide goods and services for the purpose of the Health Service at, from or through hospital accommodation and facilities at Ayr Hospital, Ayr and Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock, and at establishments associated with those hospitals, and also including the management of any teaching and research facilities associated with those establishments and the support services related thereto.”.
(2) In article 4 of the principal Order (directors of the trust) for the words “non-executive directors” there is substituted “trustees”.
3. The Ayrshire and Arran Acute Hospitals National Health Service Trust (Establishment) Amendment Order 1999(3) is hereby revoked.
A member of the Scottish Executive
St Andrew’s House,
7th October 1999
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends the Ayrshire and Arran Acute Hospitals National Health Service Trust (Establishment) Order 1998 (S.I. 1998/2735) to substitute a new article 3 relating to the nature and functions of the trust and to amend article 4 to substitute a reference to “trustees” for the reference to “non-executive directors”. The Order also revokes the Ayrshire and Arran Acute Hospitals National Health Service Trust (Establishment) Amendment Order 1999 (S.S.I. 1999/100), in which there was a defect.
1978 c. 29; section 12A(1) and (4) was inserted by the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990 (c. 19) (“the 1990 Act”), section 31 and amended by the Health Act 1999 (c. 8) (“the 1999 Act”), section 46; Schedule 7A was inserted by the 1990 Act, Schedule 6 and was amended by the 1999 Act, Schedule 4, paragraph 62. The functions of the Secretary of State were transferred to the Scottish Ministers by virtue of section 53 of the Scotland Act 1998 (c. 46).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: