- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. After regulation 4 insert–
4A.—(1) Where, on or after 1st April 2000, an allowance under regulation 4(5) is paid or becomes payable to a person to whom regulation 3(1) of these Regulations applies, or as the case may be, a person to whom regulation 3(1) of the previous Regulations applies, that person’s employing authority shall make contributions to the Scottish Ministers in accordance with paragraph (3) representing the total amount of the allowance.
(2) Where, on or after 1st April 2000, an allowance or lump sum is paid or becomes payable under paragraph (2), (3), (4) or (9) of regulation 4, or under regulation 7, 8, 9, or 11 to or in respect of a person to whom regulation 3(1) of the previous Regulations applies, then, on payment by the Scottish Ministers of the allowance or any part of it, or, as the case may be, of the lump sum that person’s employing authority shall make contributions to the Scottish Ministers in accordance with paragraph (3) representing–
(a)the total amount of such allowance or such part of it; or
(b)the total amount of such lump sum,
together with the cost of providing increases under Part I of the Pensions (Increase) Act 1971(1).
(3) Contributions payable to the Scottish Ministers under paragraph (1) or (2) shall be paid not later than one month from the end of the quarter in which the allowance or any part of it, or, as the case may be, the lump sum was paid.
(4) For the purpose of determining the person’s employing authority, this regulation shall apply in relation to–
(b)a person providing piloted services,
(c)a registered dentist who is engaged, under a contract for services, by a person providing piloted services to carry out personal dental services in accordance with a pilot scheme,
(d)a registered medical practitioner who is a medical pilot scheme employee, and
(e)a dental pilot scheme employee, who is employed as such otherwise than by a National Health Service Trust,
as if he were an officer employed by the Health Board in whose area he is providing services or, as the case may be, the Health Board with which the person providing piloted services has agreed to provide piloted services.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: