- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a Scottish Statutory Instrument: The Nutritional Requirements for Food and Drink in Schools (Scotland) Regulations 2008 No. 265
1. (1) Not less than 2 types of vegetable shall be provided every day.
(2) For the purposes of sub paragraph (1), “vegetable” does not include potatoes.
2. Not less than 2 types of fruit shall be provided every day.
3. Bread shall be provided every day.
4. Oily fish must be provided at least once every 3 weeks.
5. No savoury snacks shall be provided except–
6. (1) No confectionery shall be provided.
(2) Cakes, biscuits and puddings must not contain any confectionery.
7. (1) Food that has been deep fried in the cooking or manufacturing process shall not be provided more than 3 times in a week.
(2) Chips may only be served as an accompaniment to other food.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Draft Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: