- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation and has not yet been made as a Scottish Statutory Instrument.
16. (1) A person who wishes to make a complaint relating to an accredited person or manner of assessing or minimising risk shall do so in writing to the Authority.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), the accreditation committee shall determine what action, if any, to take in response to the complaint.
(3) If the accreditation committee is satisfied that a complaint is frivolous or vexatious then it shall not consider it further.
(4) The accreditation committee shall notify the complainer, and may notify any other person, of its decision and the reasons for it and shall do so within 2 weeks of taking the decision.
17. (1) Subject to paragraph (4), the Authority shall maintain a register of all currently valid accreditations in respect of persons and of manners of assessing or minimising risk.
(2) The Authority shall publish the register on its website and shall make it available for inspection at its office at all reasonable hours and without charge.
(3) The register shall specify–
(a)the name and business address of accredited persons;
(b)a brief description of accredited manners of assessing or minimising risk together with the name and business address of the applicant; and
(c)the period of accreditation and the purpose or purposes for which it is valid.
(4) Where the accreditation committee suspends an accreditation under article 8(1) or (2), the register shall be marked accordingly, but only for so long as the suspension is in force.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.