- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a Scottish Statutory Instrument: The Prohibition of Smoking in Certain Premises (Scotland) Regulations 2006 No. 90
2. Bars and public houses.
3. Shops and shopping centres.
5. Libraries, archives, museums and galleries.
6. Cinemas, concert halls, theatres, bingo halls, gaming and amusement arcades, casinos, dance halls, discotheques and other premises used for the entertainment of members of the public.
7. Premises used as a broadcasting studio or film studio or for the recording of a performance with a view to its use in a programme service or in a film intended for public exhibition.
8. Halls and any other premises used for the assembly of members of the public for social or recreational purposes.
9. Conference centres, public halls and exhibition halls.
10. Public toilets.
11. Club premises.
12. Offices, factories and other premises that are non-domestic premises in which one or more persons work.
13. Offshore installations.
14. Educational institution premises.
15. Premises providing care home services, sheltered housing or secure accommodation services and premises that are non-domestic premises which provide offender accommodation services.
16. Hospitals, hospices, psychiatric hospitals, psychiatric units and health care premises.
17. Crèches, day nurseries, day centres and other premises used for the day care of children or adults.
18. Premises used for, or in connection with, public worship or religious instruction, or the social or recreational activities of a religious body.
19. Sports centres.
20. Airport passenger terminals and any other public transportation facilities.
21. Public transportation vehicles.
22. Vehicles which one or more persons use for work.
23. Public telephone kiosks.
1. Residential accommodation.
2. Designated rooms in adult care homes.
3. Adult hospices.
4. Designated rooms in psychiatric hospitals and psychiatric units.
5. Designated hotel bedrooms.
6. Detention or interview rooms which are designated rooms.
7. Designated rooms in offshore installations.
8. Private vehicles
9. Designated laboratory rooms.
10. HM Submarines and ships of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.