- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation and has not yet been made as a Scottish Statutory Instrument.
6. (1) The Authority may appoint from its membership such committees as it may from time to time consider necessary or desirable and may refer to such committees such matters as the Authority may from time to time specify by minute or in its standing orders.
(2) Any member of a committee of the Authority may be represented at any meeting of that committee by a substitute member appointed in accordance with sub-paragraph (3) below.
(3) A constituent local authority may, subject to sub-paragraph (5) below, appoint one of its members to be a substitute member for any member of a committee who is also a member of that authority.
(4) A substitute member shall have the same powers at a meeting of a committee as the member whom he is representing would have had at that meeting.
(5) A person may not be appointed as a substitute member of a committee if he is a member of that committee.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.