- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
27th July 2012
Coming into operation
27th August 2012
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is designated for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972(1) in relation to the common agricultural policy of the European Union(2).
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development makes the following Order in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 8(1), (2) and (5) of the Diseases of Animals (Northern Ireland) Order 1981(3) and section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 having consulted with the bodies which appeared to it to be substantially representative of the interests concerned and with the approval of the Department of Finance and Personnel.
1. This Order may be cited as the Northern Ireland Poultry Health Assurance Scheme (Fees) Order (Northern Ireland) 2012 and shall come into operation on 27th August 2012.
2. In this Order—
“the Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
3. The fees and amounts specified in (or determined in accordance with) columns (1) and (2) of the Table in the Schedule shall be paid to the Department (in accordance with the Note 1 to the Table) by the person specified in column (3) within 14 days of demand.
4. In paragraph 1 (Interpretation) of the Schedule to The Northern Ireland Poultry Health Assurance Scheme Order (Northern Ireland) 2011(4) for the definition of “Fees Order” substitute ““Fees Order” means The Northern Ireland Poultry Health Assurance Scheme (Fees) Order (Northern Ireland) 2012; and”.
5. The Northern Ireland Poultry Health Assurance Scheme (Fees) Order (Northern Ireland) 2011(5) is revoked.
Sealed with the Official Seal of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development on 27th July 2012
|Activity||Fee||Fee to be paid by|
|Registration and 1st year membership fee||£209.24||The operator of the establishment|
|Annual membership fee comprising a total of:|
|(a) an administration fee; and||£9.36||The operator of the establishment|
|(b) a supplementary audit inspection fee||£13.48|
|Re-inspection fee determined in accordance with Note 1||Case-by-case (see Note 1)||The operator of the establishment|
1. The re-inspection fee shall be determined on a case by case basis and shall comprise of a charge for an administration officer’s time spent providing administrative support, the charge for which shall be £18.71 per hour (or part thereof) and the veterinary inspector’s time based on a charge of £48.14 per hour (or part thereof) and a charge for mileage, that is, 45 pence for each mile travelled by the veterinary inspector to and from the operator’s establishment in order to carry out the re-inspection.
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order revokes and remakes the Northern Ireland Poultry Health Assurance Scheme (Fees) Order (Northern Ireland) 2011. The Order makes provision for the Department to charge fees for activities required under Council Directive 2009/158/EC (on animal health conditions governing intra-Community trade in, and imports from third countries, of poultry and hatching eggs). The activities and fees are listed in the Schedule.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: