- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) Labelling of packaged and unpackaged products containing asbestos in accordance with the foregoing paragraphs shall be effected by means of—
(a)an adhesive label firmly affixed to the product or its packaging;
(b)a tie-on label firmly attached to the product or its packaging; or
(c)direct printing onto the product or its packaging.
(2) Where, in the case of an unpackaged product containing asbestos, it is not reasonably practicable to comply with the provisions of sub-paragraph (1), the label shall be printed on a suitable sheet accompanying the product.
(3) Labelling of raw asbestos and asbestos waste shall be effected in accordance with sub-paragraph (1)(a) or (c).
(4) For the purposes of this Schedule but subject to sub-paragraph (5), a product supplied in loose plastic or other similar wrapping (including plastic and paper bags) but no other packaging shall be treated as being supplied in a package whether the product is placed in such wrapping at the time of its supply or was already so wrapped previously.
(5) No wrapping in which a product is placed at the time of its supply shall be regarded as packaging if any product contained in it is labelled in accordance with the requirements of this Schedule or any other packaging in which that product is contained is so labelled.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: