- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Articles 3 and 5
1. In this Schedule “parts and surfaces” means all exposed parts and surfaces of the machinery or vehicle and includes the chassis, tray, undercarriage, wheels, tyres or tracks, mud guards, wheel arches, suspension, drive shaft, exhaust pipes, winches, pulleys, booms, baggage or tool compartment, engine compartment, and any other interior or exterior compartment.
(2) In the case of any machinery or vehicle used for the carriage of animals, poultry or eggs of poultry, in addition to the requirements of paragraph (1)—
(a)any feedingstuffs to which the animals or poultry have had access shall be removed;
(b)the floor, sides, and ends of the inside, the sides and ends of the outside of such machinery or vehicles shall be cleansed;
(c)the parts and surfaces with which any animals or poultry or droppings or other excretions may have come into contact, shall be scraped and swept; and
(d)scrapings and sweepings and all dung, sawdust, litter and other matter shall be removed.
(3) After the requirements of paragraph (2) have been complied with, the same parts of that machinery or vehicle shall be cleansed.
(4) In addition to the requirements of paragraph (1) any machinery or vehicle used otherwise than for the carriage of animals, poultry or the eggs of poultry shall—
(a)be thoroughly scraped to remove any dung, litter, soil or other matter adhering thereto; and
(5) If the required methods of cleansing are likely to cause damage to electronic or fragile machinery or vehicles, cleansing shall be carried out in accordance with the directions of the Department which shall be obtained in advance of importation.
(6) In this paragraph eggs of poultry includes eggs for hatching(1).
4. All parts and surfaces of any machinery or vehicle to which Article 3 or 5 applies shall be disinfected after cleansing has been completed, using an approved disinfectant at the concentration specified by the manufacturer.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: