- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
(2) If the Department has reason to believe that there is an outbreak of disease in the Republic of Ireland and it is necessary to act as a matter of urgency to prevent the introduction of disease into Northern Ireland the Department may direct by notice that the provisions of Articles 3 and 5 shall apply to any machinery or vehicle imported from the Republic of Ireland.
(3) Where the Department makes a direction under paragraph (2) the Department shall take all reasonable steps it considers necessary to bring the direction to the notice of any person who is likely to be affected by it.
(4) In any proceedings for an offence arising by virtue only of the direction, it shall be a defence that at the time the offence was committed the person had no reason to believe that the direction was in existence.
(5) A direction under this Article shall remain in force until revoked by the Department.
(6) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any machinery or vehicle imported through the Republic of Ireland from any other country.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: