- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. When the method used is the application of a rubber ring or other device to constrict the flow of blood to the scrotum, the procedure shall only be carried out on an animal aged not more than 7 days or by any other means before the age of two months.
5. An anaesthetic shall be administered.
6. (1) The procedure may not be carried out on a farmed animal.
(2) The procedure shall only be carried out as part of a conservation breeding programme.
7. An anaesthetic shall be administered.
8. An anaesthetic shall be administered.
9. (1) When the method used is chemical cauterisation, the procedure shall only be carried out on an animal aged not more than 7 days.
(2) When any other method is used, such as heated iron, an anaesthetic shall be administered.
10. (1) The procedure shall only be carried out on an animal that is aged not more than 3 months.
(2) An anaesthetic shall be administered.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: