- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22. (1) For the purposes of these Regulations, the holding, otherwise than under a contract of employment, of the office of constable or an appointment as a police cadet shall be treated as employment, under a contract of employment, by the relevant officer.
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, any constable or other person who has been seconded to SOCA to serve as a member of its staff shall be treated as employed by SOCA, in respect of actions taken by, or on behalf of, SOCA.
(3) For the purposes of regulation 20—
(a)the secondment of any constable or other person to SOCA to serve as a member of its staff shall be treated as employment by SOCA (and not as being employment by any other person); and
(b)anything done by a person so seconded in the performance, or purported performance, of that person’s functions shall be treated as done in the course of that employment.
(4) In this regulation “the relevant officer” means—
(a)in relation to a member of the police service or police cadet appointed for a police area, the chief constable of police; and
(b)in relation to any other person holding the office of constable or an appointment as a police cadet, the person who has the direction and control of the body of constables in question.
(5) In this regulation “SOCA” means the Serious Organised Crime Agency.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: