- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
12. After Article 101 insert—
101A.—(1) The amount of remuneration payable by a temporary work agency to an agency worker under Article 100C is a week’s pay in respect of each week for which remuneration is payable in accordance with Article 100C; and if in any week remuneration is payable in respect of only part of that week the amount of a week’s pay shall be reduced proportionately.
(2) A right to remuneration under Article 100C does not affect any right of the agency worker in relation to remuneration under the contract with the temporary work agency (“contractual remuneration”).
(3) Any contractual remuneration paid by the temporary work agency to an agency worker in respect of any period goes towards discharging the temporary work agency’s liability under Article 100C in respect of that period; and, conversely, any payment of remuneration in discharge of a temporary work agency’s liability under Article 100C in respect of any period goes towards discharging any obligation of the temporary work agency to pay contractual remuneration in respect of that period.
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a week’s pay is the weekly amount that would have been payable to the agency worker for performing the work, according to the terms of the contract with the temporary work agency, but for the fact that the supply of the agency worker to the hirer was ended on maternity grounds.
(5) Expressions used in this Article and Articles 100A to 100C have the same meaning as in those Articles (see Article 100D).”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: