- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
92.—(1) The Department, after consultation with the Authority, or the Authority with the consent of the Department, may by notice in writing make such modifications to the conditions of an existing gas licence as the Department or the Authority, as the case may be, considers requisite or expedient—
(a)to ensure that any activity authorised by the licence is carried out in compliance with the relevant requirements and prohibitions laid down by the Gas Directive; or
(b)otherwise for the purpose of the Gas Directive.
(2) A notice under paragraph (1) may in particular—
(a)revoke or modify such conditions of; or
(b)include such new conditions in,
an existing licence as the Department or the Authority, as the case may be, considers requisite or expedient for the purposes of that paragraph.
(3) Conditions included in a licence by virtue of the power conferred by this regulation—
(a)may do any of the things authorised by Articles 10(2) to (6A) of the Gas Order;
(b)shall, in particular, ensure that existing gas licences comply with the requirements of Article 10A of the Gas Order.
(4) Before making modifications under this regulation, the Department or the Authority shall consult the holders of the licences being modified and such other persons as it considers appropriate.
(5) The requirements of paragraphs (1) and (4) as to consultation may be satisfied by consultation before, as well as by consultation after, the coming into operation of this regulation.
(6) Where the Department or the Authority makes any modifications under this regulation, it shall publish those modifications in such manner as it considers appropriate.
(7) The power to make modifications under this regulation may not be exercised after the end of the period of 12 months beginning with the day on which this regulation comes into operation.
(8) The Department may, prior to the end of the period referred to in paragraph (7), and if it is satisfied there are good reasons for doing so, extend that period by no more than 12 months.
(9) Article 38(2) of the Energy Order applies in relation to the power to modify a licence under this regulation as it applies in relation to a power to amend a licence under the Gas Order.
(10) Nothing in this regulation prejudices the generality of any other power to modify a licence; and nothing in paragraph (3) prejudices the generality of paragraph (1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: