- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. For regulation 17 (requirement to obtain agreement to terms with hirers) substitute—
17. (1) Before first providing services to a hirer, an employment business shall agree with the hirer the terms which apply or will apply between the employment business and the hirer, including—
(a)a statement that the employment business will operate as an employment business in relation to the hirer;
(b)details of any fee which may be payable by the hirer to the employment business including—
(i)the amount or method of calculation of such fee, and
(ii)the circumstances, if any, in which refunds or rebates are payable to the hirer, the scale of such refunds or rebates, and if no refunds or rebates are payable, a statement to that effect; and
(c)details of the procedure to be followed if a work-seeker introduced or supplied to the hirer proves unsatisfactory.
(2) The employment business shall ensure that all of the terms are recorded in one or more documents and that, unless the hirer has a copy, a copy is sent to the hirer as soon as is reasonably practicable.
(3) If the employment business and the hirer agree to any variation in the terms set out in the document referred to in paragraph (2), the employment business shall, unless the hirer has a copy of that document, as soon as is reasonably practicable, give to the hirer a document containing details of the variation and stating the date on or after which it is agreed that the varied terms are to take effect.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: