- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) In relation to the existing award or awards to which a notified person (“P”) is entitled, the Department must, except where paragraph (8)(a) applies, make a conversion decision in accordance with these Regulations.
(2) A conversion decision is—
(a)a decision that P’s existing award or awards qualify for conversion into an award of an employment and support allowance in accordance with regulation 7; or
(b)a decision that P’s existing award or awards do not qualify for conversion into an award of an employment and support allowance.
(3) A notice of a conversion decision under paragraph (2)(a) must specify the amount of an employment and support allowance to which P is entitled on the effective date, subject to any relevant deductions.
(4) The amount referred to in paragraph (3) is to be determined in accordance with regulation 8.
(5) The Department must notify P of the Department’s conversion decision.
(6) The conversion phase ends in relation to P—
(a)immediately before the effective date of the conversion decision notified to P; or
(b)if earlier, when P’s entitlement to the award or awards to which the notice under regulation 4 relates otherwise ceases to be subject to conversion (because entitlement to the award has terminated or for some other reason).
(7) The effective date of any conversion decision is to be determined in accordance with regulation 13.
(8) In the event that P’s entitlement to an existing award ceases to be subject to conversion (for example, because P’s entitlement to an award of income support has ceased to fall within paragraph (c) of the definition of existing award in paragraph 11 of Schedule 4 to the Act)—
(a)before a conversion decision is made, the Department must notify P that the conversion phase has ended without a conversion decision being made; or
(b)after the making of a conversion decision but before its effective date, the Department must notify P that the conversion decision shall not come into effect.
(9) On the giving of a notice under paragraph (8)(b), the conversion decision to which it relates shall lapse with immediate effect.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: