- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
31. (1) In a case where P returns to work after a period of additional paternity leave, lasting no longer than 26 weeks, which was—
(a)an isolated period of leave, or
(b)the last of two or more consecutive periods of statutory leave, which did not include any period of additional maternity leave or additional adoption leave or a period of parental leave of more than four weeks,
P is entitled to return from leave to the job in which P was employed before P’s absence.
(2) In a case where P returns to work after a period of additional paternity leave not falling within the description in paragraph (1)(a) or (b) above, P is entitled to return from leave to the job in which P was employed before P’s absence, or, if it is not reasonably practicable for E to permit P to return to that job, to another job which is both suitable for P and appropriate for P to do in the circumstances.
(3) The reference in paragraphs (1) and (2) to the job in which P was employed before P’s absence is a reference to the job in which P was employed—
(a)if P’s return is from an isolated period of additional paternity leave, immediately before that period began,
(b)if P’s return is from consecutive periods of statutory leave, immediately before the first such period.
(4) This regulation does not apply where regulation 28 applies.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: