- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. (1) This regulation applies where, during P’s leave notice period or additional paternity leave period in respect of C—
(a)C dies, or
(b)C ceases to live with the adopter.
(2) Subject to regulation 19, in a case where this regulation applies—
(a)where the end date of P’s leave occurs less than eight weeks after the relevant week, P’s additional paternity leave period ends on the notified end date,
(b)where the end date of P’s leave occurs eight or more weeks after the relevant week, P’s additional paternity leave period ends eight weeks after the end of the relevant week.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (2)—
(a)the relevant week means the period of seven days beginning with Sunday, during which—
(i)in a case falling within paragraph (1)(a), C dies,
(ii)in a case falling within paragraph (1)(b), C ceased to live with the adopter.
(b)the end date of P’s leave is the end date—
(i)notified by P in accordance with regulation 6(1) or 12(1);
(ii)where P has varied the end date, that most recently varied in accordance with regulation 7(1), 13(1), or 13(2);
(iii)where E required P to take leave, the end date determined by E in accordance with regulation 6(5), 6(7), 7(2), 12(7), 12(9) or 13(3) and notified to P in accordance with regulation 8(2), or 8(2) as modified by regulation 10, or
(iv)where applicable, the end date determined under regulation 20.
(4) In paragraph (1), P’s leave notice period is the period starting on the day P notifies E in accordance with regulation 6(1) or 12(1) of P’s intention to take additional paternity leave and ending on the day before the day that leave begins.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: