- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15. (1) The registered provider and the manager shall not—
(a)employ a person to work for the purposes of the agency unless that person is fit to work for the purposes of an agency; or
(b)allow a person to whom paragraph (2) applies, to work for the purposes of an agency unless that person is fit to work for the purposes of an agency.
(2) This paragraph applies to any person who is employed by a person other than a registered provider, in a position in which he may be in the course of his duties have regular contact with children who may be, or have been, placed for adoption by the agency.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a person is not fit to work for the purposes of an agency unless—
(a)he is of integrity and good character;
(b)he has the qualifications, skills and experience necessary for the work he is to perform;
(c)he is physically and mentally fit for the work he is to perform; and
(d)full and satisfactory information is available in relation to him in respect of each of the matters specified in Schedule 2.
(4) The registered provider and the manager shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any person working for the agency who is not employed by the agency and to whom paragraph (2) does not apply is appropriately supervised while carrying out his duties.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: