- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (5), the Exceptional Circumstances body shall be appointed by the Department from amongst persons appearing to it to have relevant experience in the education or welfare of children.
(2) In addition to the persons mentioned in paragraph (1) the Department may appoint persons who are solicitors or barristers entitled to practice in Northern Ireland to be members of the Exceptional Circumstances body.
(3) A member of the body shall be appointed for a period of 2 years and shall unless he is disqualified under paragraph (5), be eligible for re-appointment.
(4) A member of the body may resign by giving notice in writing to the Department.
(5) A person shall be disqualified from being a member of the body if—
(a)he is employed by the Department;
(b)he has been adjudged bankrupt or has made composition or arrangement with his creditors; or
(c)he has within the five years immediately preceding the day of his appointment or at any time thereafter been convicted by a court in Northern Ireland or elsewhere in the British Islands of any offence and has been ordered to be imprisoned for a period of not less than three months without the option for a fine.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: