- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15. (1) The Magistrates’ Courts (Northern Ireland) Order 1981(1) is amended as follows.
(2) In Article 2(4) (interpretation)—
(a)omit “in the exercise of his power under section 69 of the Judicature (Northern Ireland) Act 1978”;
(b)for “under that power” substitute “by the Department of Justice”.
(3) In Article 85(13) (orders for periodical payment: means of payment), for “an officer of the Northern Ireland Court Service” substitute “a civil servant in the Department of Justice”.
(4) In Article 150 (abandonment of appeal to county court or by way of case stated) for “member of the Northern Ireland Court Service”, in each place that those words occur, substitute “civil servant in the Department of Justice”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: