- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
28. The arrangements prescribed in regulations 6, 7 and 8 are the arrangements prescribed for the purposes of section 3(2) (automatic enrolment) as modified by section 30(3) (transitional period for defined benefits and hybrid schemes), but with the following modifications—
(a)for regulation 6 substitute—
6. (1) An employer must meet the obligation in section 3(2) (automatic enrolment) by entering into arrangements with the trustees or managers of an automatic enrolment scheme which is a defined benefits scheme or a hybrid scheme.
(2) An employer must ensure that a jobholder to whom section 3 applies becomes an active member of that scheme with effect from the day after the end of the transitional period prescribed for the purposes of section 30 (transitional period for defined benefits and hybrid schemes).
(3) An employer must carry out the duties in paragraphs (1) and (2) before the end of a period of one month beginning with the day after the end of the transitional period prescribed for the purposes of section 30.”, and
(b)in regulations 7 and 8 for all references to “the automatic enrolment date” substitute “the day after the end of the transitional period prescribed for the purposes of section 30”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: