- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
12.—(1) Within 7 days from the referral of a prisoner’s case to the Commissioners by the Secretary of State the Chief Commissioner shall appoint a Commissioner who shall act as the single Commissioner for the purpose of conducting proceedings in relation to a prisoner’s case pursuant to rule 13.
(2) Where consideration of a prisoner’s case is required pursuant to rules 16 or 17 the Chief Commissioner shall appoint three Commissioners to form a panel for the purpose of conducting proceedings in relation to a prisoner’s case and shall nominate one of the three Commissioners to act as chairman of the panel.
(3) The members of the panel appointed under paragraph (2) shall, so far as reasonably practicable, include a person who is legally qualified as described in paragraph 1(2)(a) of Schedule 4 to the 2008 Order.
(4) The members of the panel appointed under paragraph (2) shall, so far as reasonably practicable, include a registered medical practitioner who is a psychiatrist, or a chartered psychologist.
(5) In relation to any prisoner’s case, no Commissioner appointed under paragraph (1) shall be appointed to the panel formed under paragraph (2).
(6) If a Commissioner who has been appointed as the single Commissioner under paragraph (1) or as a member of a panel under paragraph (2) becomes unavailable or if the Chief Commissioner considers that it would be inappropriate for that Commissioner to continue to act the Chief Commissioner shall, subject to paragraphs (3), (4) and (5), appoint another Commissioner to take the place of that Commissioner.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: