- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
The Foyle Fisheries Acts (Northern Ireland) 1952 and 1962(1)
The Forestry Act (Northern Ireland) 1953(2)
The Lough Neagh Drainage Acts (Northern Ireland) 1955 and 1970(3)
The Fisheries Act (Northern Ireland) 1966(4)
The Harbours Act (Northern Ireland) 1970(5)
The Drainage (Northern Ireland) Order 1973(6)
The Pollution Control and Local Government (Northern Ireland) Order 1978(7)
The Laganside Development (Northern Ireland) Order 1989(8)
The Planning (Northern Ireland) Order 1991(9)
The Roads (Northern Ireland) Order 1993(10)
The Conservation (Nature Habitats etc) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1995(11)
The North/South Co-operation Implementation Bodies (Northern Ireland) Order 1999(12)
The Water (Northern Ireland) Order 1999(13)
The Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1999(14)
The Environment (Northern Ireland) Order 2002(15)
The Water Environment (Water Framework Directive) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003(16)
The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2004(17)
The Drainage (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2006(18)
The Fire and Rescue Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006(19)
The Water and Sewerage Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006(20)
The Planning Reform (Northern Ireland) Order 2006(21)
The Foyle and Carlingford Fisheries (NI) Order 2007(22)
Regulations 5(5) and (6) and 6(3)
1. Maps at the appropriate scale of the river basin district which show—
(a)borders of any river basin, sub-basin and coastal area in the district; and
(b)topography and land use.
2. (1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2), a description of the floods which have occurred in the past in the river basin district and which had significant adverse impacts on human health, the environment, cultural heritage or economic activity (including their extent and conveyance routes and an assessment of the adverse impacts they have entailed).
(2) Sub-paragraph (1) applies only where a similar future flood with significant adverse impacts on the matters mentioned in that sub-paragraph is still probable in the river basin district.
3. A description of the significant floods which have occurred in the past in the river basin district where significant adverse consequences of any similar future flood might be envisaged.
4. An assessment of the potential adverse consequences of any future flood for human health, the environment, cultural heritage and economic activity in the river basin district taking into account, as far as possible, issues such as—
(ii)the position, and the general hydrological and geomorphological characteristics of watercourses;
(iii)natural features (for example flood plains, wetlands or woodlands) which can assist in the retention of water (whether on a permanent or temporary basis);
(iv)the effectiveness of any existing artificial flood protection structure;
(v)the position of any populated area and area of economic activity; and
(vi)long-term developments including impacts of climate change on the occurrence of floods.
5. In this Schedule any reference to the river basin district shall include a reference to the part of each international river basin district lying within Northern Ireland.
Regulations 16(6) and 21(2)
1. A description of—
(a)the objectives set by the Department for the management of flood risks for the areas identified under regulation 8(1) or 9(1);
(b)the measures identified for achieving those objectives; and
(c)the priority to be given to implementing each measure.
2. The conclusions of the preliminary flood risk assessment as required by regulation 5 in the form of a map of the river basin district delineating the areas identified under regulation 8(1) or 9(1) which are the subject of the flood risk management plan.
3. Flood hazard maps and flood risk maps prepared under regulation 10 and the conclusions that can be drawn from those maps.
4. A summary of flood related measures taken under—
(d)any other Community instrument which the Department considers relevant to flood risk management; and
(e)the 2003 Regulations.
5. When available, for shared river basins or sub-basins, a description of the methodology of cost-benefit analysis used to assess measures with transnational effects.
6. A description of—
(a)how the priority given to implementing each measure under paragraph 1(c) was determined; and
(b)the way in which progress in implementing the plan will be monitored.
7. A summary of—
(a)the public information and consultation measures taken in connection with the preparation of the plan (including those public information measures taken in connection with the preliminary flood risk assessment mentioned in paragraph 2 and the maps mentioned in paragraph 3); and
(b)changes made to the plan in light of the views and representations received on it.
8. Information as to the Department and a description of the co-ordination process within any international river basin district and of the co-ordination process with the 2003 Regulations.
9. In this Part “river basin district” includes an international river basin district or, as the case may be, the part of an international river basin district lying within Northern Ireland.
10. A summary of any changes which have been made as compared to the previous version of the plan including a summary of the reviews carried out under regulations 6, 9, 13 and 21.
11. An assessment of the progress made towards the achievement of the objectives included in the plan under paragraph 1(a).
12. A summary of any measures included in the previous plan under paragraph 1(b) which were not implemented, with reasons for non-implementation.
13. A description of any other measures implemented since the publication of the previous version of the plan which the Department considers have contributed to the achievement of the objectives included in the plan under paragraph 1(a).
O.J. No. L175, 5.7.1985, p.40 as last amended by Directive 2009/31/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (O.J. No. L140, 5.6.2009, p.114)
O.J. No. L10, 14.1.1997, p.13 as last amended by Regulation (EC) No.1137/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council (O.J. No. L311, 21.11.2008, p.1)
O.J. No. L197, 21.7.2001, p.30
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: