- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Environmental Liability (Prevention and Remediation) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009 and come into operation on 14th December 2009.
2.—(1) The Interpretation Act (Northern Ireland) 1954(1) applies to these Regulations as it applies to an Act of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
(2) In these Regulations—
“the Principal Regulations” means the Environmental Liability (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009(2).
3.—(1) The Principal Regulations shall be amended as follows:—
(2) After regulation 2, insert—
“2A. References in Schedule 2 to Community instruments are references to those instruments as amended from time to time.”
(3) In regulation 26(7)(b) for “under the authority of a warrant” substitute “under the authority of a warrant by virtue of Schedule 6”.
(4) In regulation 26(8) for “under the authority of a warrant” substitute “under the authority of a warrant by virtue of Schedule 6”.
(5) In regulation 29(1)(a) for “not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale” substitute “not exceeding the statutory maximum”.
(6) After Schedule 5 insert Schedule 1 as Schedule 6 to the Principal Regulations.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: