- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
4.—(1) The repeal of the remaining provisions of POCVA by Article 60(2) and Schedule 8 to the Order shall come into operation on 12th October 2009 for the purposes specified in the following provisions of this Article.
(2) The provisions of POCVA referred to in paragraph (1) shall cease to have effect for the purposes of enabling a disqualification order to be made in relation to a person who is barred from regulated activity by virtue of Article 7(2) of the Order.
(3) Article 30 of POCVA shall cease to have effect for the purpose of making it an offence for a person knowingly to apply for, to offer to do, to accept or to do any work in a regulated position (within the meaning of Article 31 of that Order) where—
(a)the person falls within paragraph (4); and
(b)is disqualified from working with children only by reason of a disqualification order falling within paragraph (5).
(4) A person (“P”) falls within this paragraph if P—
(a)is or has at any time been barred from regulated activity by virtue of Article 7(2) of the Order; or
(b)has been included in the children’s barred list pursuant to Article 3(2)(a) of the 2008 Order, but is removed from that list by the IBB(1) in accordance with Article 3(4) of that Order.
(5) A disqualification order falls within this paragraph if—
(a)P was subject to a disqualification order immediately before IBB included P in the children’s barred list; and
(b)at the time IBB was aware that P was subject to the disqualification order.
(6) In paragraph (1) “the remaining provisions of POCVA” means the provisions of that Order other that those specified in the Schedule to this Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: