- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. Article 5 (restrictions on imposing certain custodial sentences).
2. Article 6 (restrictions on imposing custodial sentences on persons not legally represented).
3. Article 7 (length of custodial sentences) in so far is it not already in operation.
4. Article 8 (length of custodial period).
5. Article 9 (procedural requirements for custodial sentences).
6. Article 10 (additional requirements in the case of mentally disordered offenders).
7. Article 11 (disclosure of pre-sentence reports).
8. Article 17 (duty to release certain fixed-term prisoners).
9. Article 21 (duration of licences: fixed-term prisoners) in so far as it is not already in operation.
10. Article 23 (power of court to recommend licence conditions for sentences of 12 months or more).
11. Article 28 (recall of prisoners while on licence) in so far as it relates to a person released on licence under Article 17.
12. Article 29 (further release after recall for certain fixed-term prisoners) in so far as it relates to a person released on licence under Article 17.
13. Article 32 (1), (2) and (4) (concurrent terms) in so far as it is not already in operation.
14. Article 33 (1), (2), (3) and (6) (consecutive terms) in so far as it is not already in operation.
15. Chapter 5 (curfews and electronic monitoring).
16. Article 102(1) (amendments) to the extent necessary to bring into operation the amendments specified in paragraph 18.
17. Article 102(2) (repeals) to the extent necessary to bring into operation the repeals specified in paragraph 19.
18. In Schedule 5 (amendments) –
(a)Paragraph 4(1) (Repatriation of Prisoners Act 1984 (1)) in so far as it relates to release on licence under Article 17 of the 2008 Order;
(b)Paragraph 7 (6), (8) and (9) (the 1996 Order).
19. In Schedule 6 (Repeals) Part 1 the entries in respect of ―
(a)the 1996 Order in so far as it repeals Articles 18 to 22 and 24 to 26;
(b)the Crime (Sentences) Act 1997(2);
(c)the Criminal Justice (Children) (Northern Ireland) Order 1998(3);
(d)the Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2002(4) in so far as it repeals Schedule 11 paragraph 12;
(e)the Criminal Justice Act 2003(5);
(f)the Criminal Justice (Northern Ireland) Order 2003(6);
(g)the Firearms (Northern Ireland) Order 2004(7);
(h)the Criminal Justice (Northern Ireland) Order 2005(8).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: