- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. Article 3 (interpretation of Part 2).
2. Article 4 (interpretation of Chapter 2 of Part 2).
3. Article 7 (length of custodial sentences) in so far as it relates to a court passing an extended custodial sentence.
4. Articles 12 to 15 and Schedules 1 and 2 (dangerous offenders).
5. Article 16 (interpretation of Chapter 4 of Part 2).
6. Article 18 (duty to release prisoners serving indeterminate or extended sentences).
7. Articles 21 (duration of licences: fixed term prisoners) in so far as it relates to a person serving an extended custodial sentence.
8. Article 22 (duration of licences: prisoners serving indeterminate custodial sentences) in so far as it relates to a person released on licence under Article 18.
9. Article 24(1), (3) to (6), (7)(b) and (8) (licence conditions).
10. Article 27 (duty to comply with licence conditions).
11. Article 28 (recall of prisoners while on licence) in so far as it relates to a person released on licence under Article 18.
12. Article 31 (conviction while licence in force).
13. Article 32(1), (2)(a) and (c), and (4) (concurrent sentences) in so far as it relates to an offender sentenced to two or more sentences under Article 13 or Article 14.
14. Article 33(1) to (3) and (6)(a)(i) (consecutive sentences) in so far as it relates to an offender sentenced to two or more extended custodial sentences.
15. Article 46 and Schedule 4 (Parole Commissioners).
16. Article 102(1) (amendments) to the extent necessary to bring into operation the amendments specified in paragraph 18.
17. Article 102(2) (repeals) to the extent necessary to bring into operation the repeals specified in paragraph 19.
18. In Schedule 5 (Amendments)—
(a)Paragraphs 1 to 3;
(c)Paragraphs 5 and 6;
(d)Paragraph 7(1) to (5) and (7);
(e)Paragraphs 8 to 11.
19. In Schedule 6 (Repeals) Part 1 the entries in respect of —
(a)the Northern Ireland Assembly Disqualification Act 1975 (1);
(b)the Life Sentences (Northern Ireland) Order 2001 (2);
(c)the Justice (Northern Ireland) Act 2002 (3) in so far as it repeals paragraph 18 of Schedule 7.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: