- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. After Article 37 of the 2005 Order (general qualifications bodies: duty to make adjustments) insert—
37A.—(1) A claim by a person—
(a)that a general qualifications body has discriminated against him, or subjected him to harassment, in a way which is unlawful under this Chapter,
(b)that a general qualifications body is by virtue of Article 44 or 45 to be treated as having done so, or
(c)that a person is by virtue of Article 44 to be treated as having done so,
may be made the subject of civil proceedings in the same way as any other claim in tort for breach of statutory duty.
(2) Damages in respect of discrimination in a way which is unlawful under this Chapter may include compensation for injury to feelings whether or not they include compensation under any other head.
(3) Proceedings may be brought only in a county court.
(4) The remedies available in such proceedings are those which are available in the High Court.
(5) The fact that a person who brings proceedings under this Chapter against a general qualifications body may also be entitled to bring proceedings against that body under Part II of the 1995 Act is not to affect proceedings under this Chapter.
(6) Part III of Schedule 2 makes further provision about the enforcement of this Part and about procedure and evidence.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: