- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Statutory Rules of Northern Ireland
19th March 2008
Coming into operation
6th April 2008
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Companies (Late Filing Penalties) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2008 and come into operation on 6th April 2008.
(2) In these Regulations “the 1986 Order” means the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986.
2. (1) This regulation applies where the requirements of Article 250(1) of the 1986 Order are complied with on or after 6th April 2008.
(2) In Article 250A of the 1986 Order(3), after paragraph (2) insert—
“(2A) For the purposes of paragraph (2), whether a company is a public company or a private company depends upon its status at the end of the financial year in question.”.
3. (1) This regulation applies where the requirements of Article 250(1) of the 1986 Order (which continue to apply in relation to financial years beginning before 6th April 2008) are complied with on or after 1st February 2009.
(2) For the table in Article 250A(2) of the 1986 Order substitute the following table:
|Length of period||Public company||Private company|
|Not more than 1 month||£750||£150|
|More than 1 month but not more than 3 months||£1,500||£375|
|More than 3 months but not more than 6 months||£3,000||£750|
|More than 6 months||£7,500||£1,500|
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations amend the provisions about penalties which companies must pay if they file their annual accounts and reports late under the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986 (for financial years beginning before 6th April 2008).
The level of penalty depends upon whether the company was public or private at the end of the financial year in question (regulation 2). When the filing takes place on or after 1st February 2009, the penalties are as set out in the table in regulation 3.
An impact assessment has not been prepared for these Regulations as compliance with the filing requirements for accounts and reports will not result in any additional cost to business.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: