- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Regulations 7(4), 14(3) and 15(g)
1. The address and telephone number of the registered office of the producer or, if not a company, the principal place of business of the producer.
2. The business name of the producer if different from that referred to in paragraph 1 above.
3. The address for service of notices on the producer if different from that referred to in paragraph 1 above.
4. Where the producer is a partnership, the names of all the partners.
5. The name of the scheme.
6. The name of the operator and, where the operator is a partnership, the names of all the partners.
7. The address and telephone number of the registered office of the operator or, if not a company, the principal place of business of the operator, and, if more than one, all the operators.
8. The address for service of notices if different from that referred to in paragraph 7 above.
9. The names and addresses of the registered offices, or, where the members of the scheme are not companies, the principal places of business, of the scheme’s members.
10. Full particulars of the agreement for the constitution of the scheme including any rules or regulations to be observed by its members.
11. The matters to be contained in the statement to be provided pursuant to regulation 14(3)(d) are—
(a)the steps intended to be taken through the scheme to increase the use of recycled packaging waste in the manufacture of packaging, packaging materials or other products or materials supplied by its members; and
(b)the principal methods by which packaging waste is to be recovered through the scheme, and by which it is to be recycled through the scheme, together with information about the steps the user or consumer may take to assist the scheme in applying these methods.
12. The matters to be contained in the operational plan referred to in regulations 7(4)(f), 8(g), 14(3)(f) and 15(g) are matters which demonstrate—
(a)that sufficient financial resources and technical expertise will be available to enable the performance of the recovery and recycling obligations of the producer or the obligations of the operator of the scheme under regulation 12(1) (as the case may be);
(b)that the arrangements for recovery and recycling take account of any statement which contains the Department’s policies in relation to the recovery and disposal of waste in Northern Ireland, and which is made under Article 19 of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997(1);
(c)how the recovery and recycling obligations or the obligation of the operator of the scheme under regulation 12(1) (as the case may be) will be performed as regards each of the packaging materials relevant to those obligations including—
(i)the names and addresses of the reprocessors or exporters or both it is intended to use;
(ii)the names of any District Councils from whom packaging waste is intended to be obtained;
(iii)the proportions in which the packaging waste which is to be recovered and recycled is to be obtained from the waste of a producer, other industrial or commercial waste, household waste or other waste;
(iv)the amounts to the nearest tonne of packaging waste it is proposed to recover in the three years immediately following registration; and
(v)the amounts to the nearest tonne of each such packaging material which it is proposed to recycle in the three years immediately following registration;
(d)the steps it is proposed to take to recover and recycle any of the packaging materials relevant to the recovery and recycling obligations or the obligation of the operator of the scheme under regulation 12(1) (as the case may be) in order not to affect adversely the interests of any producer, whose recovery and recycling obligations are predominantly in relation to another such packaging material;
(e)in relation to PERNs and PRNs which are expected to be acquired in each quarter of the three years immediately following registration, the tonnage of packaging waste and the type of recyclable material to which they are expected to relate;
(f)a statement indicating the contracts anticipated to be made with reprocessors or exporters or both and packaging waste suppliers in the three years immediately following registration;
(g)a statement as to how the producer or operator of a scheme (as the case may be) is assisting reprocessors to direct resources at—
(i)increasing the capacity for the collection and reprocessing of packaging waste; and
(ii)encouraging the development of markets for materials or goods made from recycled packaging waste.
(h)a monitoring plan which demonstrates how information to which regulation 19 applies is to be monitored so that the operator of the scheme can meet his obligations under regulation 15(f)).
13. For the purposes of paragraph 12(c)(iii) above “household waste”, “industrial waste” and “commercial waste” shall have the same meanings as in Article 2(2) of the Waste and Contaminated Land (Northern Ireland) Order 1997(2).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: