- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. Plants, other than seeds, intended for planting, but including seeds of—
(a)Cruciferae, Gramineae or Trifolium spp., originating in Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Chile, New Zealand or Uruguay;
(b)the genera Triticum, Secale or X Triticosecale from Afghanistan, India, Iran, Iraq, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa or the USA;
(c)Capsicum spp. Helianthus annuus L., Lycopersicon lycopersicum (L.) Karsten ex Farw., Medicago sativa L., Prunus L., Rubus L., Oryza spp., Zea mais L., Allium ascalonicum L., Allium cepa L., Allium porrum L., Allium schoenoprasum L. or Phaseolus L.
2. Parts of plants, other than fruit or seeds, of—
(a)Castanea Mill., Dendranthema (DC) Des. Moul., Dianthus L., Gypsophilia L., Pelargonium L'Hérit. Ex Ait, Phoenix spp., Populus L., Quercus L., Solidago L. or cut flowers of Orchidaceae;
(c)Acer saccharum Marsh., originating in the USA or Canada;
(d)Prunus L., originating in any country outside Europe;
(e)cut flowers of Aster spp., Eryngium L., Hypericum L., Lisianthus L., Rosa L. or Trachelium L., originating in any country outside Europe; or
(f)leafy vegetables of Apium graveolens L. or Ocimum L.
3. Fruits of—
(a)Citrus L., Fortunella Swingle, Poncirus Raf., Momordica L. or Solanum melongena L.; or
(b)Annona L., Cydonia Mill., Diospyros L., Malus Mill., Mangifera L., Passiflora L., Prunus L., Psidium L., Pyrus L., Ribes L., Syzygium Gaertn. or Vaccinium L., originating in any country outside Europe.
4. Tubers of Solanum tuberosum L.
5. Soil or growing medium, which consists in whole or in part of soil or solid organic substances such as parts of plants or humus, including peat or bark, other than those composed entirely of peat.
6. Soil or growing medium attached to or appears to have been in contact with plants, consisting in whole or in part of material specified in paragraph 5 or consisting in whole or in part of peat or of any solid inorganic substances, intended to sustain the vitality of plants, originating in—
(a)Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Turkey or the Ukraine; or
(b)any country outside Europe, other than Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Libya, Morocco or Tunisia.
7. Grain of the genera Triticum, Secale or X Triticosecale originating in Afghanistan, India, Iran, Iraq, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa or the USA.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: