- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
54. (1) Regulations 9 to 11 do not apply to benefits outside Northern Ireland except —
(a)travel on a ship registered at a port of registry in Northern Ireland; and
(b)benefits provided on a ship so registered.
(2) Regulation 5(1) —
(a)does not apply to goods, facilities or services outside Northern Ireland except as provided in paragraphs (3) and (4); and
(b)does not apply to facilities by way of banking or insurance or for grants, loans, credit or finance, where facilities are for a purpose to be carried out, or in connection with risks wholly or mainly arising, outside Northern Ireland.
(3) Regulation 5(1) applies to the provision of facilities for travel outside Northern Ireland where the refusal or omission occurs in Northern Ireland or on a ship, aircraft or hovercraft within paragraph (4).
(4) Regulation 5(1) applies on and in relation to —
(a)any ship registered at a port of registry in Northern Ireland; and
(b)any aircraft or hovercraft registered in the United Kingdom and operated by a person who has his principal place of business, or is ordinarily resident, in Northern Ireland,
even if the ship, aircraft or hovercraft is outside Northern Ireland.
(5) This regulation shall not render unlawful an act done in or over a country outside the United Kingdom, or in or over that country’s territorial waters, for the purpose of complying with the laws of that country.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: